[Fwd: TR3B /Palo Alto]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: TR3B /Palo Alto]
From: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:10:34 -0400
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:01:42 -0400
From: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>, triumphtox.team.net@home.com
Subject: Re: TR3B /Palo Alto

Hi Bill  (Wily and Casper too)
Must have been quite a gathering. Definitely my kind of fun. As I was
trying to say, there is no such thing as a 'wrong' engine in a 'running
Triumph' - as long as its a Triumph engine.

I understand it may not be original, and that's what some were correctly
pointing out; but the engine in my car is not 'the original'-
its actually a rebuilt TR3 block-as my original engine threw a
connecting rod in the late 70's and put a hole thru the block. I found a
2138cc (called 2.2)TR engine (actually from a wrecked TR3B), and a few
years later it needed a rebuild. At that time I had the whole engine
with new 86mm pistons and liners done. True the TR3B engine and the TR4
engine were the same, but the 'concours folks could note the block
number doesn't match the factory records-if they exist a BMHC. As far as
I'm concerned-its a STANDARD TRIUMPH!!!

As for the E-bay car I thought the 'upgrades' were still 'period
acceptable'- not like putting a Ford or Chevy engine in it.
Thanks for the note!
Sherman