RE: my cars...

To: "'Douglas Hansen'" <spitfire4@ix.netcom.com>, t_c_wilson@bigfoot.com, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spit list <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: my cars...
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:31:20 +0200
Doug
Speedvision is unfortunately not available down here  .... but , no doubt ,
you're going to make copies of the tape available to anyone that asks nicely
, aren't you :-)

What's needed to make a GT4 or Le Mans Spitfire ?

About 3 years ago I obtained a Fiberglas hard top kit that , when fitted ,
makes an early ( Mk 1 to Mk 3 ) Spitfire look like a GT6 . Similar to the Le
Mans Spitfires if I recall correctly what these Spits looked like . The kit
included the roof section , side and rear glass , and a special boot / trunk
lid .

Unfortunately I don't have the kit anymore . I found an original steel hard
top for my Mk 1 and gave it to a fellow Spitfire owner that didn't have a
soft or hard top for his car . Shouldn't have done that .

Kind regards
Chris de Wet
P O Box 472 , Ifafi  , 0260  ,  South Africa  .
Telephone 012 - 3398071 ( office ) 012 - 2591129 ( home ) Cell 0839989744
Fax 012 - 3398201
One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .