Re: Starter won't turn

To: johnmoore66@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Starter won't turn
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:50:26 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello John and list,

Last year my starter behaved in exactly the same way.  It would turn
but not engage the flywheel.

On the advise of both Fred Thomas and Randall Young I purchased an
all metal bendix from Ken Gillanders at British Frame and Engine.

Contact them at (626) 443-0939

I ended up having a local rebuilder do the work.  I supplied the starter
and Bendix and the money.  The starter came back looking like new.
Fresh paint and new brass electrical connecting stud, washer and nut in
correct 3/16 Whitworth.

This year I had them do my generator.  Same great job.

They are:

Automotive Components
PO Box 484
120 Central St.
Hudson,  MA 01749

(978) 568-0461

They will do mail order. In fact they rebuild the alternators for a mail
order Studebaker supplier.

PS When I bought my all metal bendix from BFE I actually bought 2 so
now I have one available.

Roger

Roger Colson
57 TR3  TS21383L