Re: TR3A/TR4/TR4A Clutch Covers and Discs available

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A/TR4/TR4A Clutch Covers and Discs available
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:04:24 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: N197TR4@cs.com <N197TR4@cs.com>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, December 09, 2000 5:33 PM

>I have TR3A/early TR4 Clutch Cover and disc....near new with no sign of
wear.
>$75 plus shipping
>
>Or if you want to do it right, you could convert your early TR4 over to
>diaphragm type. I have Borg & Beck cover and disc and a flywheel to go with
>the package. Near new with no sign of wear from low time TR4A engine. $100
>with the flywheel $75 without the flywheel, plus shipping.
>
>Check my ad in the VTR Classified for 86 MM piston and liner kit and
reground
>camshaft....under Cedar Falls, Iowa.
>
>Money goes to rebuild of my TR3A
>
>N197tr4@cs.com

I generally don't like to rain on anyone's parade, and I know there is room
for discussion here, but before anyone puts a Borg & Beck assembly into a
Triumph, I suggest he look at
http://www.geocities.com/mntriumphs/clutch.html

I don't know how much of this data is transferable from TR6 to TR4, but I'd
suspect a great deal is.  I'm open to education on this point.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.