RE: TR-3A - Anyone replaced front brake pads?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-3A - Anyone replaced front brake pads?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:09:21 -0800
John :

The steel backing plate on the pad should fit snugly between the walls of the
caliper.  There are no spacers, plates, fasteners, etc. involved.

My guess would be that your backing plates are too small (wrong application,
severely worn or corroded, etc.) and that new pads will fix the problem.  I
suppose it's possible that the caliper itself is worn or broken, but it seems
most unlikely.

Since you say it's only the inside pad, try switching the inside and outside
pads.  If the problem follows the pad, just replace the pads (all 4 of them).
 I believe TRF has them on sale now.  If the problem doesn't follow the pad,
then it's time to pull the caliper and find out what's wrong.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - brake pads removed for inspection two weeks ago ...