RE: Heritage Certificate? VTR Records on TR2s? (long!)

To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: Heritage Certificate? VTR Records on TR2s? (long!)
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:42:48 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brian Sanborn wrote:

The certificate is the BMIHT (British Motor Industry Heritage
Trust).  It is issued by this organization that has retained as
much of the production records and tooling as possible from the
glory years of the British auto industry.  I have one for my TR4
that shows the date of manufacture, commission number, engine
number, body number, body color, interior color, as well as
optional factory things like leather seats and overdrive.  I
sorry that I don't remember the URL but Joe Curry always chimes
in with answer.

Web URL is http://www.heritage.org.uk and if its any use to anyone, my
email address there is jonmac@heritagemotorcentre.org.uk

Worth mentioning that I don't handle short cut routes for these certs
and I don't get thanked by the archivists if I do. They're all rather
territorial on things like that, preferring a goose-quill letter
written on parchment and transported to this sceptered isle on a
sailing ship <g> But feel free to write me with a query on global
clubs and group visits and I'll try to help if I can, even if its only
to point you in the right direction. And PLEASE gents, don't broadcast
this address to all the clubs with all the makes in our care otherwise
I'll disappear under a flood of requests for heaven knows what - and
will manage to achieve rather less than I do at this moment!

Jonmac