Re: Using Spitfire frame to restore a GT6

To: Jonathan Franks <jon_mx5@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Using Spitfire frame to restore a GT6
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:38:10 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Jonathan,
Everything you need to convert the Spit frame to a Rotoflex frame is already on
the old GT6 frame.  Thankfully, those parts seldom are
attacked by rust and should be able to be reused.  The things to use are:

Radiator brackets,
Lower wishbone brackets.

Additionally, to be correct, you will want to remove the rear frame extensions
(if they are installed) and you will have to cut off the
channels that route the hand brake cables to the wheels.  The channels for the
GT6 rotoflex suspension are located on the body itself.

I think that is all you have to be concerned with.

Joe