Re: Attitude

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Attitude
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:29:47 -0500
Cc: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, pethier@isd.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, mmarr@idcnet.com, miket@urgrgcc.edu
Sorry Dave -- The first ironclad was the converted sidewheeler Virginia
( renamed Merrimac), a southern ship;  the first workable submarine
(although a deathtrap) was the Hunley, a southern invention;  the Gatling
gun, although produced and used by the North, was invented by a
southerner.   I think there was enough American ingenuity exhibited by
both the North & South to justify the original statement....let's not go
there....there's been enough flames on this subject already!

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:55:20 -0500 David Massey
<105671.471@compuserve.com> writes:

>Message text written by INTERNET:erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
>> we startled the Europeans with our military developments,
>especially in such areas as Iron clads, and light weapons production.
><
>
>What Johnnie Reb fails to mention here is that most of the "we" was
>the
>north.
>
>;-)
>
>Dave