Re: Gasket jointing compound

To: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
Subject: Re: Gasket jointing compound
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:26:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, econrad@teal.csn.net
Ken,
The copper spray stuff is the best stuff to use in my opinion.  It makes no
difference if there are runs because you are supposed to
install the gasket when the stuff turns tacky.  Therefore, any runs will even
out when the gasket is compressed. It can be used in
several coats and needs to be sufficient to properly coat the gasket.

The stuff can also be used on the head bolts to prevent seizing.

Regards,
Joe