I've only got 12 inches...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I've only got 12 inches...
From: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:28:55 -0330
Hi folks.

Look, this is a little embarrassing to admit, but I've only got twelve
inches to play with.  Yep, just twelve.  So is that enough do you think?

Perhaps I should be a tad more explicit.  My TR6 is up on blocks and that
leaves me just 12 inches to do any work on her "ventral surface"
(underneath).  I've got it in my head that I should check the oil pump
because the car suffers from very low pressure when hot.  I've checked out
the car and I've got lots of room to get at and drop the oil pan, but I'm
not sure about the pump itself.  Do you think 12 inches from frame to floor
is enough  to wiggle the pump out?

I suspect it is, but I want to be certain before I start.

Thanks.
Frank
a tall 73 TR6