Re: Wrinkle paint

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wrinkle paint
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:12:41 -0800
Most auto parts store sell crinkle paint.  Kragen sells Krylon Black
Krinkle, I believe, and I've used it on both my cast aluminum dash support
and plywood glovebox with excellent results.  The trick is to apply it
fairly heavily over two or three even coats and set the piece being painted
out in the sun to cure -- or direct a heat lamp or hair dryer over it,
making sure that the heat is distributed as evenly as possible.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and..The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!