Re: TR6 heater problem

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 heater problem
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:46:04 -1000 (HST)
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:27:40 -0500, David Massey wrote:

>Message text written by Jon Messier
>>I have a 74 and the knob states "1 defrost / 2 car"
>and when I pull it out (about an inch or so) it stops.
> At the point it is set, the defroster is engaged.  I
>can feel the heat flowing up near the windshield,
>however there is cold air blowing from the other set
>of holes that go to the vents near the feet and the
>dash board.
><
>
>Jon,
>
>The dash vents will always give you cold air.  They source for the
air to
>the vents is down stream of the fan but before the heater matrix.
Also,
>there are trwo vents on each side; one in the dash and one just
behind the
>dash aimed at the feet.

You know it's right when your feet are burning and the rest is
freezing.  You need to modulate the amount coming to your feet
by pushing knob in towards defrost.  Also making sure the fresh
air vent directed under dash is open helps.  Of course, if the
wire to the heater flap is not set right you might not get any floor
heat at all - do a visual check.

scott s.
.