tr7 bfh#20

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: tr7 bfh#20
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:37:35 EST
Here's a question to ponder.  I'm trying to put the chain back on, and am
finding it difficult to keep the crank, cam, and jackshaft all lined up in
the right position.  Always seems like I have to nudge one or  the other just
a little bit out of place to get the chain to fit on the sprockets.

So, any tricks of the trade here?  And the book talks about the "drive side"
of the chain.  I assume that is what others have called the power side, but
which side is it?

For reference purposes, if you are facing the engine, the crank sprocket is
at the bottom, the cam sprocket is up top and to the right, the jackshaft
sprocket is down a little and to the left, and the tensioner is between the
jackshaft and the crank, on the left.  So, if facing the engine, the chain
goes from crank to the tensioner to the jack to the cam to the crank.  And if
that is the right rotation, i guess you could say the the crank "pulls" the
cam via the chain?   So, the drive side is maybe from the cam to the crank?

Chain, chain, chain... Chain of fools

bruce