TR3 Cam removal - How ?

To: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Cam removal - How ?
From: "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:43:13 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I have my TR3 Motor "almost" fully apart on the basement floor (Got
the frozen pistons out in one piece !)

As the motor was frozen I could not bring the # 1 piston to TDC so that when
I remove everything I could mark it all for putting back together. (I've not
done many motors but enough to sort of knowing what I'm kinda doing).

My question is, if I pull out the dist and cam with out marking anything how
can I get the Dist back in and lined up with the cam gear when it comes time
to put it back together ? What safe guards are there so the dist is placed
in the right spot in the cam gear ?

Thanks, Pat