Re: '63 Spit value

To: marshall@nefcom.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '63 Spit value
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:21:33 EDT
In a message dated 00-09-28 11:17:08 EDT, marshall@nefcom.net writes:

<< The question is, do those prices still apply and is there any extra value
 to an early car?   Worst case, if it's not restorable, what's a complete
 '63 Spit parts car worth these days? >>

Don,

According to Spitfire & GT6 Magazine, Volume 1, Issue 3, Hemmings just
announced its 12th annual top ten picks for overlooked collector cars -
chosen for potential future appreciation.

The early Spits - Mk1s and Mk2s - were in the top ten.  I think the round
tail Spits are more collectible anyway so I was happy to see the stats from
Hemmings.

I think you should go for it!

Cheers,

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway & looking quite spiffy)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (enjoying the fall weather!)