Re: Installing Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings

To: <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Installing Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:29:55 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Gerry:  Just did this a few weeks ago.  Boil a cup of water and throw in the
bushings for about 2 minutes.  Fish them out and they'll slide relatively
easily over the ends and to their final resting point.  They are not even too
hot to handle after a moment or too.  Best of luck.
Haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well with you.
Steve

>>> "Gerald M. Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net> 09/27/00 10:26PM >>>

A question for the performance guys or gals.
I am installing a TR6 Front Sway Bar on my TR4 A and bought the Polyurethane
Bushings to mount the bar to the frame. Can they be slipped over the bar
somehow or must they be slit to slip over the bar? The forged flats on each
end of the bar are effectively the same width as the bushing OD's and it
does not appear that there is any way the ID will have enough flex to slip
over the bar; hence the question of cutting.
Do I remember a previous post that the bushings can be heated in hot water
sufficient to flex over the ends?

Thanks to all who can help.

Jerry Van Vlack