Re: Tire Mounting

Subject: Re: Tire Mounting
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:02:17 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael :

I believe what they are referring to is not the OD of the rim, but the
fact that the slot in the middle of the rim is not centered between the
bead surfaces.  It's closer to the inside bead, which makes the inside
the 'correct' side to mount/dismount the tire from.  If you think about
the tire bead resting in the slot while the opposite side is being
forced over the outside of the rim, you'll see why this makes a
difference.

Randall