Re: TR3A engine mount shims, stumped, Help?

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A engine mount shims, stumped, Help?
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:54:52 -0500
Gary, I just replaced the mounts on mine. There were two shims on each side.
By the time I was done, I needed only one each as the new mounts were, uh,
let's just say a bit more substantial than the mush I removed. I'll have to
measure, but the shims are about the size of the mount itself, rectangular
in shape with sort of a V-shaped notch in the middle. The notch allows you
to simply slide them in place from the front (between the engine mounting
bracket and the mm itself).

I'd say they could easily be fabricated. No critical dimensions. I'm
guessing, but probably about 1/8" thick, maybe a tad less. If you have a fax
machine, I could trace one and fax the outline to you - along with the
thickness measurement. Can't imagine they're too expensive though.

By the way, it the fronts are toast, the gbx mount probably is too.
Replacing that will affect the alignment of the fan extension with the
radiator hole...more than you might imagine (it did on mine). Your 1/2" is
likely to be more than that once you do the gbx mount.

If you want the fax, let me know your fax number...$2/page. :^)   Kidding,
just kidding!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O