RE: Cheating Fate (was Weber downdrafts and TR6 PCV system)

To: "'Wendy Hart'" <hartw@PLASTEKGROUP.COM>, "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cheating Fate (was Weber downdrafts and TR6 PCV system)
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:35:36 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: Al <Albert.Hart@Trans.ge.com>
Aw C'mon!
        You are looking at 6-10 hours of work,  and maybe just the cost of a
new gasket set!
No need to pack it in for the season!!   I changed a head on my TR3 on the
side of the NYS Thruway 15 years ago,  ( I carried a LOT of spares in those
days)  because the cost of the flatbed ride home was more than the car was
worth. ( it was a tad rough...)
Get out the spanners!
Bob Westerdale

Wendy wrote->
We did not try re-torquing the head on Saturday, but I think this leak is a
little too intense for that to solve the problem. I guess the next step is
to take the head off again and measure to see if the head or block is
warped. My guess is that one or the other is going to have to go the shop
and be trued back up. I'm really disappointed about this; fall is my
favorite time to drive the car!

Obviously, we didn't take the Triumph to the rally. We rode the Jeep and all
I could think of on the beautiful, twisty back roads was, "I wish we had the
Six!!!"