TR6 rear hub?

To: "Ross Maylor" <obiedog@telusplanet.net>
Subject: TR6 rear hub?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:40:54 -0400
Cc: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Ross Maylor"
>My wifes 73TR6 has developed a tick or click from the rear driver's side
(N.A). The tick seems to be more prominent after driving for a while. The
sound is not found on the passenger side. It is not a rock in the tire as
has been suggested although it is a similar sound.
I know it is little to go on but any suggestions?
Is it something that needs to be looked at immediatlely? The car needs a
complete rebuild, but I am trying to put it off until I finish the other
projects.
<

Ross,

Jack the car up at the back and set it on jackstands (don't jack on the
differential) and run the engine with the transmission in gear and see if
it still makes the sound.  With it in the air you can get under it with a
piece of rubber hose and localize the sound.  It could be just a U-joint
and depending on how bad it is you can let it go for a few months.

Dave