Re: More on tires

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com, Nass@egroups.com, Spitfires@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on tires
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:11:03 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/00 2:23:08 AM EDT, OHFASTONE@aol.com writes:

> On the news just now, they listed a bunch of tires on the recall list that
>  were made by Firestone for other companies and sold under different brand
>  names.  One of the tires is called "Triumph", wonder if there were TR6 and
>  Spitfire models?

At one time, the Triumph range of tires DID include "1200" and "2000" tires.
Always wondered if someone at Firestone had a: an affinity for Triumph
sedans, b: a sense of humor, or c: both....

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register

p.s. The above tire ranges, as I recall, did have appropriately sized tires
for their Triumph namesakes.