Watkins Glen

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.tem.net
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:59:12 EDT
Hi all;

Just returned from Watkins Glen. Fantastic weekend! Friday I watched the
reenactment of the original race through town. Lots of other events and even
walked the Watkins Glen Gorge.

Sunday I walked the pits and the Vintage car show (plenty of TR6 and TR4)
until it was time for the Formula 1 race. Walking through the garage and
watching crew after crew starting Ferraris, Loti, March, etc was a heady
experience. A Ferrari 12 cyl boxer is music to the ears........even from
three feet away.

Saw one GT6+ parked along the access road......kind of a sea green. Anyone on
the list?

Talked to Ted from TSI. His display was next to the Lotus stand. On display
at Lotus was an Elise racer and an Elise racing coupe ($75,954) with carbon
fiber body work and 190 HP. The sales guys said that introduction of the
Elise in the US is imminent!
Now that is an LBC!!!

Great time and the wineries that follow the coast of Lake Seneca aren't bad
either. I'd highly recommend the trip. Only down side is that the $30 entry
fee for one day is a bit stiff compared to a weekend at Mid Ohio for $40. I
guess NASCAR needs the money! :-)

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L