Nice night for a drive

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Nice night for a drive
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:34:12 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by John Summers
>Well folks I went out after my evening grub to drive the TR 6.  Didn't
start.  I decided to check the battery and it checked out fine.  So I
decided to put the new starter relay on and did so.
After watching "Bigbrother" I went out and boom! it started.  So off I
went into the moonlight.
Nice trip and uneventful with all guages showing just what they should.
Pulled into my driveway, shut off the car and thought I'll come out
later and move it into the back yard.  But, just for fun I turned the
key to see if it would go,,,,and it didn't.
I had hoped to report that the starter relay had solved all my starting
problems but, NOooooo!
I have changed everything that I can think of except the alternator.
?,,,,,?,,,,,?,,,!!
I dunno,
John Summers
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,74,,,,,,,,,,,TR,,,,,,,,,,,Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,
<

John,

Your car has that infamous starter interlock that prevents starting if the
seat belts are not fastened.  There are two seat belt switches and two seat
sensor switches that connect to this module.  If the seat switch is made
but the seat belt switch is not the car will not start.  A quick fix is to
reach under the seats and unplug the seat sensor switches.  Make sure the
contacts do not touch metal.

A slower fix is to bypass the module by reconnecting the White/Red and the
White/Orange wires at the module.

Good luck

Dave