TR250: HS6 SU Carbs

To: TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250: HS6 SU Carbs
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:31:56 -0700
Dear Listers,

I replaced my Zenith-Strombergs with a pair of HS6
SU carbs and am now trying to hook up the choke
cables. On the HS6's the choke cables mount between
the carbs where as on the ZS's the cables were on the
outside of the carbs. This means that my stock TR250
cable to the rear most carb is too short. Has anyone
ever tried the TR4 cable on such a conversion? I
assume the TR4 cable is similar to the TR250 in that
there is one knob on the dash and two cables leave
the knob, one for each carb. Also, I'm short the cable
clamps (both the sheath and the cable) on the carb
side. Does anyone have any extras or know of a place
where I can get some of this hardware?

TIA,
David Brady
68 TR250 (on the road any day now, after a 4yr restoration)