RE: Rings

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rings
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:30:49 -0700
Bill :

BFE sells 87mm rings that are just slightly oversize (so you can set the end
gap yourself).

However, I would regard this strictly as a stop-gap measure, you cannot hone
the cylinders enough to remove any appreciable scoring and still keep them
round.  In the spirit of "keeping it on the road" however, you _can_ even do
the honing and ring replacement with the liner still in the engine.  The result
is not likely to be highly satisfactory, but should do while you save your
nickels for a real rebuild.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver  -  still waiting for a "real rebuild" <g>