Standard/Triumph manual error

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Standard/Triumph manual error
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:10:06 +0100
Hello
I was very interested in the response to my Moss comments, I was
talking about Moss UK by the way just to make that clear. This also
stems from my gearbox re-build. Being a gearbox novice I depend on my
manuals, not only the text but also the exploded diagrams. The point
is I have the original Standard/Triumph workshop and parts manuals
for the TR2 and 3. In the parts manual the exploded view of the TR2
gearbox internals shows the mainshaft 1st gear with the selector cone
facing the front of the box, where as in the workshop manual it faces
the rear. The parts manual is the incorrect one, but boy did it give
me a fright. It is also useful to note the the main parts suppliers
use the diagrams from the parts manuals making them also incorrect.
Just thought I'd pass it on for what it's worth
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)