Dave "Snaker" Ray

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dave "Snaker" Ray
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 06:23:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
No LBC content, but I wanted to thank Michael Porter for this web address.
It has been three decades since I heard this name.  Years ago I wore out my
copy of "Blues, Rags and Hollers", "More Blues, Rags and Hollers", and the
"Blues Project".  Glad I made tapes of these albums and have often played
them while cruising in my TR.  Didn't know they were still alive let alone
making music.  Thanks to Michael I have a couple of new CDs on order.

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV

>Michael Porter wrote;

Not from me, mind you, but from someone else. About 35 years ago, just
learning to play a 12-string guitar, I bought a country blues record by
a fellow named Dave "Snaker" Ray (some more musically erudite members
will remember records by Glover, Ray and Koerner--same Ray). And, I wore
it out listening to it over the years.

These days, Dave plays clubs around the Minnesota area, and, having
discovered the internet, has his own page, which I frequent (just to see
if "Fine Soft Land" is in CD yet). On that page, Dave offers various
"rants" of his, the subjects of which range from political correctness
vs. old, old song lyrics, battery-powered parking meters in the St. Paul
area, and, since he visits lots of local Minnesota clubs by car, on
driving. Thought some of you might enjoy his driving "rant." Any Dave
Ray fans not aware of his site, it's at:

http://www.jdray.com