Re: Wire Wheels

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:14:50 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08-Sep-00 00:07:43 Eastern Daylight Time, fergie@ntplx.net
writes:
<< snip >> Hitting the k-o's with a hammer does nothing as they're already as
tight > as I can get them.

It's not a good idea to tighten them too much with the hammer.  This is
because of the way they sit on the hub extenders.  You can ruin the wheels if
they are too tight.  See my 2 wire wheel articles in the Maintenance section
on the VTR website (www.vtr.org).

> What gives? Any ideas from you ww experts out there? Maybe I should tack
>  weld them! :^) Any and all ideas appreciated. Thanks, folks.

Michael, are you sure that the hub extenders are on the correct side?  If
they are not then centrifugal force will cause the "knock-offs" to loosen.
Second idea is whether the hub adaptors and the hub extension threads are the
same.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (always wire wheels/ never a problem with them)