Re: PDWA o-rings

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Rob Switzer <rswitzer@erols.com>, john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: PDWA o-rings
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:03:23 -0400
Karl,

I'm still around.  Thanks for the reference,

Rob, I'm fresh out but you might be able to order some from AP&G as
well.  They had a $5 minimum order at the time and at less than $.50 per
o-ring (I can't remember exactly but it was less than this), you'd have
several sets to offer to other list members as I did.

Check your size first before ordering as I've since heard of at least 3
different size PDWA's used on Triumphs.

My PDWA still has a damn bolt in it!!  Go figure!

Gary
'75 TR6 Digest
Severn, MD

John,

I hate to disagree but from what I can see, there's no safety shut-off
function performed by the PDWA at all.  There is no way my shuttle can
seal off the failed brake circuit as it is tapered at both ends and
still passes fluid.  The stupid device is a lamp indicator and that's
about it.  I don't need a 25 millisecond indicator light, hence the bolt
until I have to redo the system.

Message text written by "Rob Switzer"