Re: Testing coil w/ digital meter - almost no LBC

To: Cliff Hansen <hansenc@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Testing coil w/ digital meter - almost no LBC
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 22:24:28 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Touch the two meter leads together and note the reading. Then when you
measure the coil, subtract that number from the resistance reading of
the coil to get the actual reading.

There is usually some resistance in the meter leads and connections
themselves, although it's usually less than an ohm. I just now checked
one of the meters on my bench, and it reads 3.3 ohms just through the
leads.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -