Wire Wheels and tubeless tires

To: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Subject: Wire Wheels and tubeless tires
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:18:15 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Joe Flake
>I know new wire wheels are nicely sealed to work with
tubeless tires, but is it possible to retrofit older
wires some way.  I've heard of blobs of RTV/silicone
being used.  And I've seen what looks like a tar tape
sealant on one.  But I'm not sure if either really
does a reliable job.  Thoughts or suggestions?
<

Some folks seal up the spokes with a sealer.  A frind of mine is
experimenting with urethane seam sealer as it seams to be a very tenacious
adheasive and airtight as well.  I may well do the same.

Dave
57 TR3 with wires (and others)