Re: TR6 Door Arm Bar Glue - What to use?

Subject: Re: TR6 Door Arm Bar Glue - What to use?
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 06:48:37 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    i used contact cement. coated both surfaces, let 'em get a little tacky,
and put them together.
the new panels i received from trf have more of the material than you need
on the side that goes behind the upholstered door panel. be careful not to
cut too much off or you'll end up with metal showing between the arm pad and
the door pad.
    also, i can't tell now but it seems i had to trim/notch the arm pad at
each point where the clip holds the fuzzy strip (interior side) for the
window. the tool that many on the list recommended making and using worked
great to install the fuzzy strip.
    hope this helps,
Tom Di Iulio
76 TR6