Apple Hydraulics

To: <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Apple Hydraulics
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:04:01 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Angelo,

I sent my SU carbs to Apple last year for rebushing and installing new
shafts.  This was my only experience with them, and I'll give you the good
news and the bad news.  The good news was that they were returned when
promised, and were immaculate.  The new bushes and shafts looked great, and
all the old sludge was removed.  The bad news was that they drilled the
throttle stop hole in the shaft at a slightly incorrect angle, and the
butterflies would not close all the way.  I had to drill new holes through
the shafts and throttle stops to correct their error.  It all worked out,
but I was a bit concerned about weakening the shaft.

Would I use them again?  Probably not.  However, they have a good reputation
and that's only my personal feeling.  They will most likely do an excellent
job for you, as they have done for many of our group.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L