Re: tr3 Grab Handle

To: Tmade96@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr3 Grab Handle
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:58:21 -0700
This appeared to be the best solution, a review of the TR-3 parts
catalog revealed that the Facia Panel indeed had slots that allowed
for adjustment, with a happy heart I removed the Facia Panel Trim
Roll, only to find the Facia Panel attachment screws blocked by a
wooden re-enforce?? strip. The strip was held on by four (4) sunken
nuts, and a myriad of sheet metal screws from the cowl to the wooden
strip.
At this point I decided that the end did not justify the means, as
there was no guarantee I could adjust the Facia Panel enough...it had
to move at least 3/8ths of an inch down...
I am now trying to decide on what we in the computer field call a
"Kludge"...I believe I can cut a small notch in the top of the Cubby
Box Lid (I speak LBC too) that will allow it to clear the grab handle
and only be seen when the Cubby Box Lid is open....ahhh...decisions,
decisions...

Thanks for all your time
and
To the others with the same problem...good luck.

--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily