Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:45:20 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The overall length is pretty much the same than for the TR6 engine/gearbox.
You need to change the gearbox mountings and use some custom made engine
mountings. The gear shift lever needs some modification as well (angle). The
propshaft needs to be slightly shorter.
My preference is the older 2.8L (170 Hp) with the fuel injection system. The
effort of the BMW  engine swap is not that huge.
If you use the 4-banger (1.9L from a 318is at 140Hp) you do not need a
different oil pan and you have plenty of space in the TR6 engine
compartment. But it's a different sound ...

Jochen
Munich/Germany