RE: TR3 Wiring

Subject: RE: TR3 Wiring
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:46:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The main thing is that the white wire connects to the opposite terminal from
the points lead.

If the points are open, but you still see 0volts on the points side of the
coil, chances are that the lead is grounded inside the distributor cap.  One
common cause is incorrectly installed points.  The order of parts installation
on the post is :
1) Insulator, small end up
2) Points spring, must fit over small end of insulator
3) Wire terminal.  This is a special terminal, substitutes will likely not work
4) Insulator, small end down.  The small end must go through the wire terminal,
and into the loop on the points spring
5) Flat washer (optional)
6) Nut

Randall