'70 GT6 problems

To: "INTERNET:naldous@ccgmail.com" <naldous@ccgmail.com>
Subject: '70 GT6 problems
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:39:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:naldous@ccgmail.com
>My name is Nathan and a new list member.  I recently purchased a '70 GT6
MK2.  Fun little car.  Lately I ahve been having a problem with it running.
I changed the plugs and added oil to the dashpot.  Unfortunately I added
too much oil so I took the carbs apart, drained out the oil, and added back
some oil but much much less.  So the problem is now that when I am driving
the car, it doesn't want to accelerate well. It sputters badly like it is
not advancing correctly or something.  Any ideas on what it could be?
Regards,
Nathan
<

Nathan,

When you say you took the carbs apart what exactly did you do?  Did you
take the tops off and remove the pistons?  If so did you put the pistons
back with the correct orientation?  The Daghrams have a little tab that
fits into a recess in the carb body.  If you do this the piston will have
the correct orientation.  If you didn't do this it is likely that the
pistons (or a piston) is skewed and the carb will not work properly.

Good Luck

Dave