Re: TR-6 Directionals

Subject: Re: TR-6 Directionals
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:16:03 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John :

In general, the problem is voltage drop in the wiring, switches, etc.
When the engine is running, the source voltage is 1.5-2.0 volts higher,
which is enough to make the difference.  The common flasher is
deliberately designed to be "on the edge", so that you can tell if a
turn signal filament is burned out.

One solution is to switch to a "heavy duty" load-insensitive flasher.
You will lose the "burn out" indication, but it will flash under all
conditions.

(Of course, I'm assuming you aren't talking about the fact the turn
signals don't work with the ignition key off <g>)

Randall