Thanks TR8 SU carbs on TR6

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks TR8 SU carbs on TR6
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:41:20 -0700
Thanks to all that responded on the TR8 SU's put on a TR6. The consensus was
that US bound TR8's got the Zeniths.  Another consensus, the SU's and Zeniths
are comparable in performance yet the SU's have a broad range of needles to
choose from which gives them the 'tweakable edge'.  You gotta love something
you can tinker with but 'no choice' is sometimes a blessing as well.

I bought a set of SU's off ebay from a fella that pulled them off his TR8 in
leui for an Edelbrock 4bbl setup.  He says their SU's and the picture looks
like SU's(with large fuel bowl on one side typical of SU's) so apparently he or
PO added them at one point.  I'll assume they are HS6 types or better but I'll
know for sure in a few days. I appreciate the offlist input on jet needles to
use as well. Help that I'll use right away. Thanks again