A pleasant evening here in Des Moines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A pleasant evening here in Des Moines
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:57:22 -0500
Cc: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
I met up with Mr. Phil Ethier of St. Paul here in D.M. tonight, along
with a friend of mine from work who happens to be active in area
autocrossing.  Phil's on his way back to the twin cities in his newly
purchased, very early '62 TR4.

A great time was had by all; Phil was kind enough to let me drive his
'4 'round a few blocks and back, which was, I confessed, the first
time I've driven a TR.  I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of
my Spit, but never a TR.

Now, of course, I am itching to get my own TR back on the road --
which I suppose is part of the purpose of meeting people in this way!

Phil looks to have found a very nice example in his '4; no OD or IRS,
but as he says, those facts can be considered pluses, given the
repair bills when one goes out.  No rust that I could see, a very
nice, dark red interior, and a burbling, rich exhaust note that makes
me yearn for a working Triumph.

All in due time.  Hopefully by next August for Breckenridge!

Take care, all!

Dan
--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, now with an O too.  In need of a
comprehensive restoration (again), but will have to wait its turn in
storage.

1957 TR3, TS15098L.  Needs an O.  Undergoing frame-off restoration
begun 9/99.

1988 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon.  179,500 miles.  Gets me to work and back
home again every day.  No home page. (go figure)