TR6 won't start

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 won't start
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:53:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Robert said;

I know we've seen this subject line a thousand times here, but here's MY
problem. Car was running fine yesterday.  Put in a new set of points and
a condenser. Turned the car over and it would not start.  Fearing the
most obvious, I re-installed in old points and condenser and, same
thing. It turns over, but no spark!  Also, I checked the high tension
wire from the coil to the distributor, and there doesn't appear to be
any current there.  What's happened?

I'm sure this isn't your problem, but the same thing happened to me after
changing points and condenser, the car would turn over but just wouldn't
start.  Forgot to put the rotor back in!  Duh! maybe not the dumbest thing
I've done, but its up there.

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV