VTR 2001

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR 2001
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:22:14 -0500
I will email off a note to the CO club and copy Andy. That year round
schooling schedule would make anything difficult, but the problem for us,
and apparently many of you, is that school is starting mid August, and the
kids can't miss that all important first week or so. My kids started of the
9th this year.

Someone, mentioned the FT. Worth regional. I loved it because it was close,
but it was hot and attendance was definitely down just because of the TX
weather. As I understand it, the Houston club had petitioned to do the 2001
VTR National (using a NASA-space odyssey theme) but was turned down because
of the heat. What people don't realize is that Houston is near the coast,
near Galveston, and the weather, while hot and sticky is no different than
say Savannah. A very successful national was held there. Proper planning and
scheduling would keep folks out of the heat some of the time. Anyway, here
in Austin, we get to watch the TTR do it's thing in Houston, and they are
very capable and motivated. I hope we let them do a national..

Bob Kramer
TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net