TR6 Exhaust Options

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Exhaust Options
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:14:56 -0400
I know this has been discussed constantly on the list, but after
browsing the archives, I'm still having trouble coming up with a clear
understanding of the options.

I have a dead stock '71 TR6 (single pipe). I will soon need to replace
the exhaust.  I don't really want to go to a header, so I'm looking to
options to hook up to the stock manifold.

I would like something a little louder (and free flowing) than stock...
but also want something that will last a while.  A simple stainless
system with a free-flowing trubo muffler would be great.

But it seems that the Falcon system is simply a copy of stock, the Monza
system is extremely loud and short-lived, Ansa and Strebo are no longer
available (?),  and the Rimmer system is overkill for a stock car.  I'm
leaning towards the Falcon system unless someone can suggest something
better.

Thanks!!!

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL