RE: Another Front Suspension Question

To: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Subject: RE: Another Front Suspension Question
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:36:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Regarding the original question about the brake pads - these are almost
entirely subject to visual inspection. If the allowed amount of pad material
(I forget how much that should be on TR3 pads at the moment) is available,
and there is no crumbling or other uneven wear of the material, then they
should be fine. This is different than the ignition components (cap, rotor,
condenser, etc), which may 'look okay', but behave entirely different (you
may get the spark arcing across a minute crack in the cap, as an example).
For the majority of us, we use our cars for highway or open road use, for
just a couple thousand miles per season (all too short up here in Ottawa, I
might add!), so a pair of front brake pads may last for years & years. My 3A
required front pads to safety when I bought it, and I was lucky to obtain a
set from Jim Wallace (thanks again, Jim!) to expedite the process (I later
replaced Jim's set, btw). I'll probably be pushing up daisies before they
need replacing again. Cheers, JD