Atta Boy Joe!

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Atta Boy Joe!
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:43:33 -0600
Cc: spitlist@gte.net, brad.kahler@141.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net

Andy Mace wrote:

FWIW, Joe, thanks for helping set the record straight.

------------------------

List,

I think Joe Curry shows true sportsmanship by making the awards right in
the Spitfire stock classification.  The autocross at VTR in Portland did
not pay a lot of attention to making sure cars ran in either the stock,
modified, or prepared classifications and left it up to the participants
to self-police themselves (and that's the way it should be).

Unfortunately, Joe's car being put into the stock classification was not
the only situation where stocks were competing against modifieds.  But
Joe is the only one that I know of that stepped up to the plate and said
"here's the hardware back, someone else rightfully should have it."

It'd be hard to look at a trophy for a stock classification knowing that
you won it in a car equipped with rear sway bars or tube shocks or some
other modification that's not considered stock.

The best thing is that Joe gets the highest award of all...self-respect
and the respect of others.

Way to go Joe!

Bud