RE: Posting Rules (was TR3 Colours)

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Posting Rules (was TR3 Colours)
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:13:50 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

I don't like the idea of posting ONLY to whoever asked the question as any
sort of rule (in fact, there has been an emphasis here recently to post more
answers to the full list and not just to the original asker of the
question). Here's my reasoning: assuming the original poster doesn't already
know the answer to the question, he/she may not be in a position to
determine whether all the answers they get are correct/applicable, etc. When
those posts are viewed by others, all sorts of other ideas and solutions get
proposed. Sometimes a person may not respond to the original post because
they are not sure they have a good solution. Then when some other solutions
are proposed, they may find that they do indeed have some good ideas
relating to the follow-ups if not the original post.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA