Re: Gearboxes

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Gearboxes
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:07:22 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi David
Yes the internals in the boxes are compatible with the O/D unit, as well as
the O/D unit you will need the adaptor plate that goes between the box and
the O/D, the O/D mainshaft is in fact slightly shorter as the boxes should
work out almost the same length with or without O/D. Make sure you get the
mainshaft to suit your box as there were different sizes of needle bearing
between the mainshaft and inputshaft, also if you are trying to make two
boxes into one utilizing all the best bits beware, some of the boxes had a
different helix angle on the input shaft gear and the mating gear on the
laygear cluster. Guess how long it took to work that out with the bits in
the box and not able to lift the laygear cluster into place!!

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI