Re: TR6 Header or Duel Stock Manifold?

To: topdown@eudoramail.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Header or Duel Stock Manifold?
From: ingate@horizon.com
Date: 9 Aug 2000 13:10:33 -0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve Nabors wrote:
        > was thinkin about using a Monza/Pacer 6 into  1 into 2 header.
        > Is the performance gain worth the money
        > Is the Monza hea
der going to fall apart in a few years?

FWIW, the header will probably not provide any noticible performance gain
on a stock motor.  Its visceral qualities such as enhanced exhaust tone
and under-hood appearance may be worth its weight in gold to some
owners.  The poor-old stock federalized '74 motor was a real barn-stormer
at 104hp, which means it was not moving a lot of air through the combustion
chambers; onless you increase its ability to breath air in, giving it
the ability to exhaust air will not make a significant difference.

The Monza exhast is quite loud, and will set off car alarms as you drive down
the street pulling 2500rpm, as there is quite a resonance around that range.
Some folk do not like it; personally, I do, because at the upper rev
range it dose sound like half of a Ferrari :)

It is a mild-steel system, and will last as long similiar mild-steel.
Short drives will rot it pretty fast; long drives will keep it dry.  YMMV.

Shane Ingate