Re: Timing chain noises ?

To: "KTnKT" <ktnkt@cape.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing chain noises ?
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:57:03 -0500
Kevin,
I have a car with the exact same tinny noise. This was a junkyard dog,
resurrected from the dead. The block has some scale blockage, with hot spots
that require me to run an oil cooler using Mobil 1. It fries dino oil
rapidly, and a rocker feed kit to extend rocker life. I put a new BPNW
camshaft in it before I ever got it started, complete with new chain etc.,
and I've replaced the water pump. I've always worried about it, but it runs
so good I keep it on the road. This car has 15,000 miles with this noise
under the hood. I'd be curious if it is the chain rubbing on the cover, or
maybe the tensioner. Any one else have the same problem?

Bob Kramer
TR4, TR4A, TR6, 2.5 Saloon
rgk@flash.net