Fan or not to Fan

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Fan or not to Fan
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 01:15:18 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Bill & Skip Pugh
>I have ordered an electric fan for my  57 TR3A, it is my intention to
remove the old belt driven fan.  Is there a downside to this?  Can I
just simply remove it or are there parts that need to go back to hold
things together?

Any help/advice gratefully accepted.

Bill Pugh
<

Yeah, the fan is not belt driven.  It is mounted directly on the crank
shaft extension.

Seriously, the only problem is if you blow the fuse to the electric fan.
Or if you do a lot of idling at night in the rain.  (Generator can't keep
up)

Dave